historical notesThe main spots of touristic interest are concentrated to a large extent in the old town and are easily accessible by walk from hotel Hanny. There are even bicycles at disposal for guests that like to explore the city by means of the wide net of cycle tracks.
The most important sights in Bolzano:
- Museion: museum for modern and contemporary art. Easily accessible by walk or bicycle
- Museum of archaeology: take a visit to the famous iceman or Frozen Fritz the glacier mummy found on the Alps. Easily accessible by walk or bicycle
- Walther square: Bolzano’s living room with the gothic cathedral as background every December hosts the famous Christmas Market
- Castle Runkelstein, castle Maretsch and the castle ruin of Rafenstein are all next to hotel Hanny, castle Sigmundskron with the renowned Messner Mountain Museum is situated on the other side of the bowl but anyway easily to go to
- The picturesque spots, squares and alleys of the old town are the right place to linger if you are a photographer or if you like to explore your environment